Support Ticket Automation: The Next Big Tool for Support Agents
It’s common knowledge that the recent spike in demand for stellar customer service and user experience has dictated the success of companies and continues to decide the direction companies must take. While some companies are thriving under this new customer service trend, others that refuse to modernize their processes are having a difficult time trying to stay afloat. Today, customer support departments are under immense pressure to provide top-tier customer service to high volumes of customer requests, leaving support agents burnt out and customer satisfaction scores dipping. Support ticket automation powered by artificial intelligence (AI) is the modern answer to this modern challenge.
“Organisations are turning to naturalistic engagement methods, such as voice and other AI-powered technologies, to give customers what they want and achieve higher operational efficiency. In fact, 91 percent of organisations are planning to deploy AI within the next three years. By 2030, a billion service tickets will be raised automatically by customer-owned bots.” – Gartner
The road to modernization, specifically modernizing your customer support, is quite easy and straightforward thanks to intelligent support ticket automation. This easy-to-follow guide for support ticket automation will give your enterprise all the answers you’ll need.
What’s there to learn? Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is support ticket automation?
- What’s the big deal?
- How to get started with support ticket automation
- TicketIQ: Your best bet
- TicketIQ’s out-of-the-box features
What is Support Ticket Automation?
Support ticket automation is in the name — support tickets submitted by users are automatically processed and resolved by some type of tool. These tools vary on the exact type of technology they use, but many traditional support desks use simple rule-based logic to address tasks or requests. While this has some benefits, traditional support ticket automation tools are not fit to handle today’s demand for top-of-the-line support, but we’ll get into that later.
The idea behind support ticket automation is to find a cost-effective way to automate repetitive tasks for support agents. Enterprises find support ticket automation a useful tool especially when they are trying to scale and grow their operations; more users means more support tickets to resolve.
What’s The Big Deal?
The trend of giving the best support and user experience can be the make-it-or-break-it factor for many organizations. Keeping customers or employees waiting for their requests or tickets to be addressed ruins their experience, leaving them dissatisfied and fed up. Not only does this affect the end-user, but it also affects the support agents behind the screen — repetitive tasks such as manually resolving tickets can lower overall agent productivity and morale. Support ticket automation is how enterprises have chosen to address this issue by taking out some of the repetition from high ticket volumes.
Even with traditional support ticket automation tools, today’s support desks still find it difficult to handle large volumes of tickets. You’ll need to ensure you have all the right information to get your enterprise’s automation efforts on the right track.
How to Get Started with Support Ticket Automation
There’s a few things you need to take into account when you are looking for the right ticketing solution for your enterprise:
- Ease of implementation and operation: The solutions you are looking at should be easy to set up and use. You won’t need any complicated setups or expert staff to your support ticket automation tools if you’ve picked the right tool.
- Integration with existing environment: Your organization already has ticketing software in place, so you’ll need to consider a solution that is ready to work with your ticketing system.
- Continuous learning: What’s great about some automation tools is their use of artificial intelligence (AI). Make sure you’re looking for solutions that have AI that continuously trains itself with incoming and outgoing tickets. With a continuously learning system in place, your tickets will get resolved faster, more accurately, and ultimately less costly.
- Supercharge your agents: The main goal of your support ticket automation system should be to improve your support agent productivity. Pick a solution that helps and improves your agents’ performance (hint: a good one will recommend solutions and offer important knowledge points to your agents to speed up ticketing).
TicketIQ: Your Best Bet
With all the different support ticket automation vendors out there, picking just the right one for your enterprise might be a challenge. Lucky for you, we’ve simplified that process right down to the best solution: Aisera’s TicketIQ solution is an artificially intelligent ticketing solution that assists both users and agents alike.
TicketIQ’s Out-of-The-Box Features
TicketIQ takes a modern approach to support ticket automation tools by incorporating a robust set of capabilities to offer a whole new level of automated ticket resolution. Leveraging prediction intelligence, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to drastically improve overall agent productivity and deliver better end-to-end user experience, Aisera’s TicketIQ solution helps agents with classifying and triaging high volumes of tickets as well as providing next-best actions to take. There’s more to it than just that.
Here are some of what makes Aisera’s TicketIQ solution so great:
- Out-of-the-box tools and integrations: TicketIQ comes ready to play right from the get-go with 400+ integrations to existing ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, BMC, Jira, Salesforce, and Zendesk. You won’t need highly trained data scientists dedicated to monitoring and maintaining TicketIQ. It’ll learn on its own and get your enterprise results starting on Day One!
- Automated resolution and triage: Using AI and ML, TicketIQ is primed to solve tickets in seconds without the need for manual intervention from support agents. It’ll also classify and route tickets to the right agents and teams, optimizing workflows and mean-time-to-resolve.
- Agent-Assist: Aisera’s TicketIQ works with your support team to provide them with all the necessary tools they need to get the best resolutions. With capabilities such as recommending next-best actions, knowledge articles, and notes from similar ticket resolutions, you’re sure to boost agent productivity.
- Audit Predictions: TicketIQ conducts predictive analytics to better understand and gauge the impact of ticket predictions, providing in-depth metrics and reports for maximum visibility into your most critical ticketing issues.
Aisera’s TicketIQ solution has even more capabilities than what’s been covered in this guide. You can find more about its Agent-Assist UI widget, Cognitive AI search, real-time reinforcement learning, omnichannel support, and more by downloading the TicketIQ one pager today. See how you can dramatically boost your agents’ productivity and user satisfaction while also cutting down on costs. You can also request a demo to get a first-hand look into how Aisera’s TicketIQ can bring intelligent support ticket automation to your enterprise.