How AI, Automation, and Conversational Experience are Transforming Today’s IT Service Management Solutions
Employees and customers expect enterprise IT to deliver consumer-like service experience from IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions that mirror their consumer experience. Yes, like Amazon’s Alexa or Apple’s Siri. They demand instant delivery of Enterprise Services on the device and channel of their preference, when needed, with a high degree of personalization, and without having to talk to someone. Consumerization applies to any service that users need to stay productive, being technical support with laptops or phones, or with applications installed on them or accessible from public clouds, or with printers, fax machines or any other network equipment, and more.
All these Enterprise Services are provided by IT organizations, which today is called not only to design, deliver, and support them via traditional IT Service Management solutions but constantly optimize them to unleash employee productivity, reduce operational cost and increase user satisfaction.
In recent years, the value offered by IT Service Management solutions has shown mixed levels of acceptance from employees and customers despite the many Enterprises’ attempts and over-investments in optimizing the value chain and alignment of business outcomes with IT operations. Even though more and more services offered to business units and end-users are through service catalogs, IT Service Management has repeatedly struggled to deliver on the mission. IT Service Desks today are inundated by queries, complaints, and calls for assistance.
IT Service Management Meets Hi-Tech Transformations
When it comes to IT Service Management, AI and automation are quickly gaining traction for digital acceleration. AI and automation are the primary catalysts for radical IT transformation. But how?
Advances in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Understanding (NLU) are part of sophisticated AI Virtual Assistants capable of proactively engaging with users in long, multi-turns interactive conversations using natural human language. They can precisely understand and extract user intents from complex, noisy, multi-turns conversations and successfully self-resolve user inquiries in just a handful of seconds. The end-to-end experience is fluid, smooth, and immersive.
AI Virtual Assistants are always available, and easily accessible to users on the device and channel of choice (voice, text, chat, email, and more) by simply typing in a dialogue interface or speaking directly. Furthermore, AI Virtual Assistants continuously learn from live interactions with users and from conversations between users and service agents. When no user activity turns their attention to ticketing systems, mastering new ways service agents have successfully closed service desk tickets.
With the embodiment of AI, IT organizations can finally deliver an employee-focused, timely, and effective service management while unleashing user productivity. Both service agents and employees feel connected, engaged, and confident in their service experiences. Whatmore, AI enables organizations to reduce operational costs while improving operational efficiency.
Automation Alleviates the Pain
Alongside AI comes automation, whose primary goal is the replacement (unattended automation) or augmentation (attended automation) of existing IT manual processes. These processes are costly, inefficient, and prone to too many human errors. IT Service Management does not have to be a headache any longer. Automation robots embedded in IT Service Management, also known as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) agents, can streamline the way ITSM delivers services. This is done by triggering and executing end-to-end workflows touching one or more back-end systems within one or many domains without any human supervision. With RPA, the entire ticketing management lifecycle is fully automated, from the creation of a service desk ticket to the routing, optimal service agent assignment, and final fulfillment.
New Changes to the Workplace
Nowadays, the above AI and automation capabilities required to modernize IT Service Management are packaged and offered in a new industry term coined as AI Service Management. AI Service Management solutions are provided as SaaS and are turnkey-ready.
AI Service Management solutions logically overlay on top of IT Service Management Solution to immediately drive the long-waited ITSM transformation delivering the below business and operational benefits:
- Improved Customer Satisfaction. By freeing up service agent personnel from daily and time-consuming repetitive tasks, forms, and tabulations, AI Service Management makes agents more available for attentive employee and customer experience. AI Service Management reduces the likelihood of human errors, increasing the accessibility to ITSM while removing today’s nerve-wracking waiting times, and prolonged time-to-fix.
- Increased Employee Productivity. Compared with Service Agents, AI Service Management agents measure to be five times faster, which unleashes employee efficiency and satisfaction as well as boosts productivity even further.
- Greater Accuracy and Compliance. Service Agents make mistakes. AI Service Agent robots do not! They are 100% accurate, 100% consistent, and 100% compliant with IT operational policies.
- Reduction in Resource Utilization. By offloading the mundane and repetitive tasks to AI Service Management agents, organizations can free up Service Desk agents and focus their skills and experience to handle the responsibilities that add the most value to the business.
- High Return on Investment (ROI). All kinds of improvements can yield positive ROI, including both technological advancements, streamlining IT operations, and upgrading the human workforce. Because AI Service Management is turn-key ready, the ROI shows up with lightning speed.
Aisera offers the most feature-comprehensive and technology-advanced AI Service Management solution in the market. Aisera AI Service Management perfectly blends Conversational AI, Conversational RPA, and Omni-channel Experiences into one SaaS solution. This is turn-key ready to immediately transform your IT Service Management solution and deliver ROI. Aisera’s proprietary unsupervised NLP/NLU technology, User Behavioral Intelligence, and Sentiment Analytics are protected by several patents-pending applications.